2016 Nelson City League Registration is OPEN !!!
Early Bird registration deadline is April 15th !!!
Rosters fill up quickly, don't miss the deadline, register now !!! All players must register individually.
Season starts week May 2.
***All previous year players have priority over new players as long as registered and paid by April. 15***
Nelson City League is now affiliated with BC Soccer and all players must pay an annual BC Soccer Registration Insurance Fee. This allows players to play in any affiliated leagues or programs in Nelson and across BC until Mar 31, 2017. Click here for the link to BC Soccer Sanction Guidelines.
Tuesday nights at 6.45pm. This is a competitive and fast paced league for men ages 17 and up in 2016. Join one of the established teams or sign up as an individual. U18 Nelson Selects players are automatically registered in this league.
Wednesday nights at 6.45pm. "Ladies night out" for women who are turning 30 or better in 2016. If you are not already on a team, you will be put on a team during the draft. You must be registered and paid by April 15th to reserve your team placement or to be part of the draft. This league fills up very fast so register early to avoid disappointment.
Thursday nights at 6.45pm. This is a very popular league for men who are turning 35 and better in 2016. If you are not already on a team, you will be put on a team during the draft. You must be registered and paid by April 15th to reserve your team placement or to be part of the draft. This league fills up very fast so register early to avoid disappointment.
- All players have to register by April 15th and pay $140.00 (gst included) + $17 BC Soccer Insurance Fee.
- All players who have missed registration deadline cost is $170.00 (gst included) + $17 BC Soccer Insurance Fee, providing that there is any room left to sign up.
- Registration without payment is incomplete and that player is considered non-registered.
- All games will be played on Lakeside Fields.
- Season start week May 2nd and ends at the beginning of October (Summer break - July and August).
- Playoff games in September and October will be played on weekends earlier in the day due to lack of daylight.
- There will be 4 teams in Men's Open League: Innkeepers, Kootenay Co-op, Old Dogs and U18 Nelson Selects. Each team with roster capacity of 20 players (80 maximum number of players for the season).
- There will be 6 teams in Ladies Rec 30+ League: Dirty Dozen, Leo's Titans, Red Dog, Selkirk Eyecare, Wild Cats and Goal Diggers. Each team with roster capacity of 16 players (96 maximum number of players for the season).
- There will be 6 teams in Men's Masters 35+ League: Jackson's Hole, Red Dog, Club Inter, Ted Allen's, Real Nelson and Bia Boro. Each team with roster capacity of 16 players (96 maximum number of players for the season).
- Every team will play minimum 13 games.
- Game format is 11 v 11 on a full field for Men's Open League and 8 v 8 on a half field for Ladies Rec and Men's Masters Leagues.
- In Men's Open every team is allowed to have maximum of 4 part time players. Part time players (May and June only) fee is $90.00 (gst included) if registered by April 15th or $120.00 (gst included) after April 15th (if any room left to sign up).
- If necessary Fall draft will be open for teams to replenish their rosters.
- Every player must wear official soccer equipment.